Identity Theft Insurance Highlights
The Identity Theft Expense Insurance reimburses covered victims of a stolen identity for certain expenses up to $25,000 with no deductible.
- Expense Reimbursement – Expenses related to the recovery of your identity, including defense costs for certain civil suits and certain criminal judgments with American International Group’s prior consent. Re-filing for loans and reimbursement of other fees are also covered.
- Income Protection – Coverage is provided for lost wages as a result of time off work related to a covered stolen identity event.
Restoring one’s name and good credit can be a time-consuming and expensive process. Victims may endure a number of costly steps to dispute fraudulent debt and accounts opened by an identity thief. Identity Theft Expense Coverage reimburses you for:
- Lost wages (up to $1,000 per week, for a maximum of five weeks)
- Legal defense fees and expenses
- Costs for refiling loan applications
- Costs for notarizing documents, long distance phone calls, and postage
Insurance underwritten by member companies of American International Group, Inc.
A Platinum Membership and activation of the Trans Union credit monitoring package is required to be covered by this insurance. The description herein is a summary only. It does not include all terms, conditions and exclusions of the policies described. Please refer to the actual policies for complete details of coverage and exclusions. Coverage not available to residents of New York and may not be available in other jurisdictions.